Wednesday, February 18, 2009

sad bulb-y

so im going to take a momentary break from listening to my lover darren hayes and blog about my sad sad plant. for a while now, some mysterious insect is eating all the bulby "leaves", and now even the stalks are being eaten. all the naked stems use to be covered with happy thriving bulbys (i dont know what to call it, so thats my official name) but now its naked and cold. when i check on it sometimes, there would be bits of plants on the brick platform, so im pretty sure something is eating my beloved. if anyone has any home remedy insect repellent or enlightment on this matter, my plant & i thank you!




2 comments:

  1. I think it's a Burro Tail (sedum morganianum), anyway it obviously is a succulent. They are rarely, if not never infested by insects. I see four possible problems:
    1-over-watering
    2-over-fertilizing
    3-exposed to temp. below 10C
    4-exposed to direct noon sunlight
    Also, if it is a Burro Tail, its leaves are really fragile.
    If over-watered: http://www.leevalley.com/newsletters/Gardening/4/1/article2.htm
    You can try repoting it in well draining soil.

    Good luck!
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn i actually think somethings really eating it! everyday theres like new and fresh bites (bits missing)...help...

    ReplyDelete