Tuesday, September 8, 2009

into "the rabbit hole"

sometime last weekend after helping my friend move into her new apartment, i was feeling increasingly depressed about my own living situation. remembering her mention that she found her apartment prospects on craigslist, i decided to do the same. from surfing apartments to jobs and finally landing on gigs, there are certainly some interesting "opportunities" out there. one of the postings was about a show that very weekend, looking for handmade items! my opportunistic brain immediately went DING and thus the email was sent. hearing back from the coordinator shortly, i got a fantastic response, thus ensuring me a space in the event! "The Rabbit Hole" its called, very cute i thought. unfortunately i was only able to drop off the candles & was unable to attend the actual event (although not thhhat sorry cuz i went on a super fun boating vacay, yes be jealoused).
the resulting of sales in the candles were however initially dissapointing: 2  L-O-V-E soy candles. now i find it a bit amusing that i have a check or $11.20 in my wallet. in the end, it was cool contact made & another way of putting myself out there. would definitely do it again, but i think now im raising my prices...for fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment