Tuesday, October 12, 2010

RAW: On Fire



Back in August, I participated in one of the first shows I've done all year. It was the week right after my freelance design gig ended with me deciding that graphic designing in the corporate world just isn't for me. Thus I kind of see this show as me living into the new life im creating for myself.

The show was produced by an organization called RAW, and the venue was at a swanky place in downtown LA called Elevate. This night featured 5 of us artists, involved a fashion show, and even had a awesome show with a breakdancing crew called B-Bots. In this show I displayed one of my older pieces from last year, the "I Think It Turned Black" Munny, which came out of my art storage for the first time in a while. I also for the very first time debuted a couple of my newer pieces, including the Budweiser Munny i named Bud, and my various 12x12 Black Pink & White canvases. Some of the art is available for sale at superpao.etsy.com, but here are some pics from the show!




The floating stands you see here were of my own concoction. I think I'll write a tutorial on that soon, and also hanging art on the damn glass. What a puzzle and so not what I needed to worry about with an upcoming show. REGARDLESS, the show turned out great, and I'm glad I done it.

Also, one of the cool artists that also showed that night was Ben, check out his work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment